AWF (APPLIANCES AND FLOORING) LTD T/A WOODENFLOORS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all transactions processed by our site, in store and over telephone and fax lines. Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully and print a copy for your reference.
1. All prices shown by us in store are shown in £ sterling. We reserve the right to change any prices advertised in store at any time. The price you pay is the price displayed in store at the time we receive your order, except where there is an error with the data on the website or in store. In the event that we discover a pricing error we will notify you as soon as possible and in any event within seven (7) days of our discovering the error. We will then give you the option of amending and proceeding with your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we cannot contact you within seven (7) days of our discovering the error we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel or we cancel because we cannot contact you and you have already paid for the goods by credit card we will give you a full refund.
(a) We reserve the right to amend any prices officially quoted verbally or in writing after a 3 month period from the date said quotes are issued.
2. All products and specifications thereof are subject to availability and may be changed at any time by us or our suppliers. If your order cannot be fulfilled, you will be offered an alternative of equivalent quality and price. If this is not satisfactory to you, you will be offered a full refund.
3. Payment can be made by most major credit cards, debit cards, cheques or bank transfers. Full payment for your goods is taken when a new order is created (only applicable to non-finance purchases). If you choose to pay by cheque then the order is created when the cheque has been cleared.
4. If you have opted for us to supply goods only, full payment is required at the point of order. If, however you have opted for full supply and fit we will require a deposit at the point of order – the % to be determined and agreed at the point of confirmation. In some instances we will require an interim payment, with the balance due upon completion of the installation.
5. Delivery will usually be on the date requested at the time of ordering (excluding weekends and bank holidays). A signature will be required. The delivery dates we give you are estimated at all times and may be delayed without prior notice to you, so please try not to book fitters or any labour until you have received your order.
6. Whilst we make every reasonable attempt to deliver promptly and within the estimated time frame we cannot be held responsible for sudden stock shortages, manufacturing delays or unforeseen circumstances. However, if we cannot deliver your order within 30 days of its being made we will contact you and you will then be entitled to a full refund.
7. (a) Title in and to the goods passes to you once the order with us is made, which means that risk passes to you. You must ensure that you are adequately insured for loss damage or theft from the date of your order to consignment of the goods to you. You should check with your credit card supplier or home contents insurer if you are unsure about the terms of your cover. However, we cannot accept any responsibility for your goods once ordered and we expressly disclaim any such liability (save where due to our own negligence).
(b) Drivers will only deliver to the front door or ground floor properties as standard. Any requests made to the drivers to move packages beyond this point are made entirely at your own risk. Deliveries are usually made with one man so on-site assistance may be required for larger items. Please call us if this affects your order.
8. We will endeavour to take all possible reasonable care in dealing with your order. However we limit our liability as follows:-
(a) We make no warranty, guarantee, condition or representation whether express or implied arising by statute or common law or otherwise other than those contained in this contract;
(b) We will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage caused by any computer virus contracted as a result of visiting our website or from your receiving emails from us;
(c) In the absence of any negligence or any breach of duty by us your use of our website is entirely at your own risk;
(d) We shall have no liability to you to the extent that you are covered by any policy of insurance and you must ensure that your insurers waive any and all rights of subrogation that they may have against us;
(e) We will disclaim and exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law liability for any loss or damage whatsoever and howsoever incurred, including any consequential, special, secondary or indirect loss or damage or any damage to goodwill or profits for any loss of anticipated savings incurred by you or any third party whether arising in tort contract, breach of statutory duty or otherwise and arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of or inability to use our website.
(f) You shall be under a duty to mitigate any loss or damage costs or expenses that you may suffer;
(g) Our liability to you for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of action will at all times be limited to two times the amount paid, if any by you to us for the goods ordered.
(h) We shall have no liability of any sort (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of providers of telecommunications services or for faults in or failures of their networks and equipment. If a fault occurs you should report it us as soon as possible.
(I) We shall have no liability to you for any delay in performance and/or any other matters to the extent that such events and/or matters are due to any events outside the reasonable control of us, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
9. Failed deliveries must be reported to us within five (5) days of the delivery date. We would ask you to please wait five (5) days from the date of your order in case it has been delayed. In case of goods received faulty, incorrect or not to your liking, please advise us as soon as possible within (2) days from the date of delivery. Do not open packs unnecessarily, as once opened we cannot put them back into stock. If the goods are found to be damaged or defective prior to delivery to you, we will at our option replace the goods or refund the price paid by you. We will then arrange for collection and a full refund on receipt of the goods at our manufacturers warehouse or at the latest within 30 days of agreeing to give the refund. We shall have the right to examine any goods the subject of any claim or complaint after the delivery thereof. Save as aforesaid. We shall be under no further liability to the buyer in respect of short deliveries, defective goods, failure to comply with the description or lack of quality, delay in delivery or in respect of any other complaint relating to the goods.
10. Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you have the right to cancel your order within seven (7) days of receipt of the goods, without giving a reason. You must bear the costs of returning the goods to us and all products must be returned with the unopened original packaging. Refunds will be reimbursed within 30 days of the cancellation date. Cancellations must be requested within seven (7) days. The seven (7) day cancellation period for all flooring commences the day after the date of delivery of those items. All cancellations must be sent in writing to our Head Office address. Each cancelled product will be subject to a returns and a further restocking charge of 30% equivalent to the direct costs to us of recovering the goods, the subject of your order. Please note however that the right to cancel your order does not apply if the goods have been personalised to your design and specification so that they cannot be returned to the manufacturer as standard good
11. If for any reason you wish to cancel and return the goods then the cost of returning the order must be borne by you. You have the choice of returning the goods via your own means or requesting us to collect, in which case the cost of collection will be taken out of the refund due to you plus a 30% restocking charge on receipt of goods at our manufacturer’s warehouse, or at the latest within 30 days of receiving your notice of cancellation. However, we are unable to receive back any products that have been out of our ownership for longer than 21 days.
12. We reserve the right to refuse to accept back any surplus packs of timber at the end of works, however, we will use our discretion on each individual situation as to whether we accept back packs under the quantity of three (3). Any packs we do accept back must be returned un-opened and within three (3) weeks of the date the timber was received, and will be subject to a 30% re-stocking charge, as per terms 11 & 12.
13. We take all complaints very seriously. If you have cause to complain then please write to our head office address. We will respond in writing to all complaints within five (5) days and will keep you informed throughout the complaints investigation process, and advise you of its outcome.
14. Any data collected by us during the course of business with you is purely for our internal use and is not forwarded or sold to any third party. However, we do not accept any responsibility for any data a third party may obtain unless this is due to our negligence.
15. If our installation or refurbishment service has been selected, you have the right to cancel or amend the requested start date up to 72 hours prior to commencement. However, we will impose the following charges for cancellation or postponement within the following times: 24 hours a £450.00 charge, 48 hours a £360.00 charge and within 72 hours, a £250.00 charge. All charges are exclusive of VAT. A charge of £450.00 + VAT will apply if site conditions are found to be unsuitable for installation in the week of the installation, after previous instructions as to what is required by us, and subsequent delays are incurred or rescheduling is required.
16. All product information shown on the website and in store is believed to be correct and accurate from the source material (i.e. manufacturer’s documentation). However we regret that we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions and please revert to Clause 7 earlier in these Terms and Conditions.
17. Whilst we will gladly try and match any genuine like for like written quotes, we nonetheless reserve the right to refuse price matches without disclosing any reasons.
18. Information and range data in our literature is correct as of date of publication(s). It is our company policy to continually improve products and materials, and the company reserves the right to change supplier, packaging, specifications or manufacturer of goods at any time.
19. All of our products shown in the showroom and on the internet are indicative samples only and whilst we endeavour to supply timber matching the samples seen, wood is a natural product and is subject to colour variation, sapwood and knotting, and as such we cannot be held responsible if the timber received is not identical to the samples ordered from, nor can we make such guarantees.
20. If you purchase timber only from us and not our installation service, please note the following:
(a) Before you begin, please put all references to the timber product, paperwork and packaging to one side. Do not destroy it until the product has been installed and you are satisfied.
(b) Before installation, please ensure you are happy with the timber flooring itself, and it is indeed what you ordered. Flooring cannot be returned to us if the packaging is opened and if the flooring has been cut or worked on in any way.
(c) Ensure that the flooring is installed by a reputable floor fitter, experienced in all types of installation and accessory requirements.
(d) We cannot be responsible for any labour charges.
(e) The client/user MUST claim responsibility once installation has commenced.
(f) If for any reason you have any issue with the timber supplied or are concerned about the product, stop installation immediately and contact us for further advice. Carrying on may only mean less is exchangeable.
21. On all orders for supply and installation or refurbishment/repair, we send out a copy of these terms and conditions along with confirmation paperwork. On the confirmation paperwork there is a section whereby we require the client to sign, date and return to us accepting these terms and conditions. In all instances we reserve the right to assume that payment of the deposit requested is agreeing to our terms and conditions in the event the required signed copy is not returned to us as requested.
22. The Customer will indicate to us – either to our showroom staff or our onsite floor fitting team – the location of pipes and cables which are concealed below the floor or in any architraves or skirting region, before the services commence. If the Customer does not know or provides incorrect information about the location of the pipes and cables, then in the absence of negligence on the part of the Company, the Company will not be liable to compensate the Customer for any loss arising from damage to the pipes and cables during the course of providing the Services.
23. Once permission is granted by you for us to carry out works to your property on all flooring aspects, then we cannot be held responsible for any cosmetic damage that may be caused to any connection or neighbouring properties by our flooring works.
24. Details of ownership head office:
71-73 Fairfax Road, London NW6 4EE – Company registration No: 0567 1097 VAT, No: 986 3155 83
25. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions whenever we consider appropriate.
26. None of the terms and conditions set out here affects your statutory rights as a consumer.